When you aren’t relaxing and enjoying the rural sights and sounds then treat yourself and family to some of our exiting activities. You won’t be bored at your stay on Barkala farmstay.
- “Play with clay”, free piece of clay and play area, for kids of all ages
- Watch the artists at work, free demonstrations at the pottery
- Our big swimming pool
- Scenic bush walks all over the property, maps available
- Lots of animals to visit, goats and sheep to pat!
- Come and watch the cow being milked
- Wander the gardens and spy the artworks hidden away
- Visit the “Tree of Life”
Activities By Arrangement
Pottery workshops are great for individuals or groups big and small.
Pottery workshops are also a great gift idea. Please contact us if you would like to purchase a pottery workshop gift voucher.
- Pinch Pot Workshop – all ages
Includes 1 hours tuition, first firing, glazing and second firing.
$25 per person
- Hand built Cup Workshop – suitable for teenagers and adults
Includes1 hours tuition, first firing, glazing and second firing.
$35 per person
$15 per extra cup, for clay, 2 firings and glazing (if requested)
- Wheel throwing lesson – 16 +
Icludes 1 hours tuition and extra solo time on the wheel, firing and inside glazing for 4 pieces.
Any extra pieces are $5 each (includes clay, inside glazing and firing)
- Horse leading
- Pony riding for kids
- Guided Bush walk
- Bird watching tour with a professional guide